(To request an signed copy, please use the comment box at checkout or email me.) Woodburning Realistic Animals: 12 Step-by-Step Pyrography Projects of Birds, Pets, and Wildlife (Fox Chapel Publishing) Tutorials for Eyes, Fur, Manes, & Whiskers; Projects for Big Cats, Owls, & More.
FROM THE BACK COVER
Bring your pyrography to life!
Horses and owls, lions and zebras, butterflies and birds...learn to burn them all! Woodburning Realistic Animals is the ultimate resource to create amazing lifelike portraits of wild animals. With 12 projects that include hand-drawn patterns, photo references, and step-by-step instructions, create stunning works of art as you take your pyrography techniques to new heights. Author and award-winning artist Minisa Robinson shares her expert knowledge for every task from beginning to end, from preparing the surface and transferring a photograph onto wood to burning facial features, adding color, and sealing your final work. A source of inspiration and new-found skills, this guide will let your pyrography practice run wild.
- An introductory and inspirational gallery of the author's animal artwork
- 6 chapters providing insightful guidance for every task of a project, from beginning to end
- 12 projects and transfer patterns for woodburning a variety of wild animals
- Skill-building tutorials for creating realistic eyes, noses, fur, hair, manes, whiskers, and feathers
- Expert knowledge and insider tips throughout